SULPHUR POWDER RUBBER GRADE
HS CODE 25030090
Sulfur is a chemical element with the symbol S and atomic number 16. It is abundant, multivalent, and nonmetallic. Under normal conditions, sulfur atoms form cyclic octatomic molecules with a chemical formula Sâ‚ˆ. Elemental sulfur is a bright yellow, crystalline solid at room temperature.
Symbol : S
Atomic mass : 32.065 u
Atomic number : 16
Electron configuration : [Ne] 3s²3pâ´
Electronegativity : 2.58
Group: Chalcogen (group 16)
Having various Sulphur powder like rubber grade, Industrial Grade and Agriculture grade
INDUSTRIAL GRADE SULPHUR POWDER
99.5% Sulphur)industrial grade sulphur powder is used mainly in the manufacture of fire works, explosives, matches and pharmaceuticals
1. Insoluble sulfur exists in rubber in a dispersive state. It can prevent the booming of rubber, having a better viscosity, and at the same time can ensure the outer appearance of the products with light color.
2. Insoluble sulfur can disperse uniformly in rubber, so it can prevent the conglomeration of sulfur, and reduce the tendency of being scorched during store.
3. Insoluble sulfur can prevent the blooming of rubber during its store. It make it possible to keep rubber's characteristics uniform, overcoming the defects of bad viscosity resulted from blooming, avoiding the pollution of products as well as moulds and cut down the gelatinizing step specially appended for preventing blooming.
4. No migration in adjacent layers of rubber. The migration speed of common sulfur is very high especially in butyl rubber, and with the incorporation of insoluble sulfur, such phenomena can be avoided.
5. Shorten the vulcanization time. When reaching the temperature for vulcanization, insoluble sulfur will go through a stage of activation, that is to say, a chain de-polymerization, which can quicken the vulcanization speed, reducing the amount of sulfur used, improving the aging characteristic of products.
Therefore, due to its non-blooming characteristic, insoluble sulfur is widely used in the manufacture of radial rubber and other synthetic rubber products, also in the light-colored rubber products in which common sulfur is incorporated in high proportion.
Following is a table of technical specifications for catalog products:
Product Purity Ash Acidity Heat Loss Fineness
RMS 99.5% Min 0.10% Max 0.01% Max 0.15% Max 200 mesh 98% Passing
Superfine 99.5% Min 0.10% Max 0.01% Max 0.15% Max 325 mesh 94% Passing